DeLeT is a 13 month program that prepares Jewish day school teachers by combining study with a yearlong mentored internship. We have two sites, one based in Los Angeles at HUC which offers CA state teaching credential and a certificate in Jewish Day School Teaching and the other in Boston at Brandeis University, which offers MA state teacher licensure and a Master of Arts in Teaching degree.
Both programs offer:
For more information about DeLeT at Brandeis, click here.
For more information about DeLeT at the Rhea Hirsch School of Education at HUC-JIR in LA, click here.
- Generous scholarships and stipends
- Year-long mentored internship
- Close integration of courses & fieldwork
- Leads to state teaching certification
- Support during the first two years of teaching
- Membership in a growing alumni network
DeLeT is generously funded by the Jim Joseph Foundation